Monday, September 29, 2008

Soccer Game #4

The girls won their 4th game: 3-2. It was a very good game. Very close. Hayden came with us and he remarked later that although Rose is probably our best player and the fastest, Meredith is more accurate. He was complaining because Rose's kicks to the goal kept going wide. I advised him she was 5 and when she learns not to kick so hard, she will be awesome. Meredith didn't get a goal this week but she was right in there with the best of them. She played almost the whole 2nd half. Poor baby. It was hot out and she slurped her water down when she did come out.

Meredith loves her soccer shoes so I had to be sure to get a picture of them on her site. They have gold on them. She first wanted the white ones with pink stripes but they didn't have her size. Then I showed her these and we were happy again. Mommy was happy because they were on SALE.

I'm not sure I love this picture. When I first looked at it on the computer, I had a glimpse of her as a big girl (like, high school). It made me both happy and a little sad at the same time. I hope she's still playing sports then. And, I hope she won't mind her parents coming for all the games and snapping pictures like crazy people. OK, well, she'll probably mind but, hopefully, she'll still indulge us. But I doubt she'll still let me put up her hair in those crazy pigtails!

sigh. My chubby cheeked little baby is growing up.

1 comment:

Netter said...

I like the idea of kids playing soccer...it runs off that extra energy. I'm glad she's loving it. I have to admit, her shoes are kind of cool.

Photobucket