Yesterday was another basketball game. This was the first one our girls lost. The score was 17-9. And about half of those points were scored from foul shots so it was a very aggressive game. One of our girls ended up with 4 fouls.
I am very pleased with how well Meredith is doing this year. She seems to have made great strides. Granted, I don't know much about basketball but I think next year is going to be HER year. Just in this game, she stole the ball, she took a shot at the basket (missed but she took the shot which, I think, is a first for her), caught a pass at arm's length, then (and most importantly) caught another pass, DRIBBLED THE BALL WHILE MOVING, and then passed it on. I've been waiting all year to see her dribble the ball! I was so excited for her.
I was afraid since she got smacked in the face with the ball at practice this week that she might be afraid of it today. My fears were unfounded. I'm going to try to keep her with this coach. He's very good ~ he's aware they are only 9-10 years old but he gets more aggressive with them as the year goes on. (I hate pansy coaches.)
WAY TO GO, MEREDITH!

No comments:
Post a Comment