Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Softball Game

Meredith's game was at 5:30 today. We're supposed to be there 15 minutes before every game. Today was the first day we actually made it on time!

This was a good game today. The girls played very well. The other team played exceptionally well. I'm thinking their coach was NOT a first-time coach. These girls were backing each other up. Our girls don't know what that means yet. One of their girls was about Hayden's size and she was really good. Still, our girls played very well. We had a lot of really good hits and the girls are figuring out that it's a race to first base. Sometimes, they slow down before they get there but they did much better today.

That being said ~ I really, really want to get Meredith on a team with an experienced coach. I want her to have a chance to learn some of this stuff that she should be learning. If I had the time, I would take her out to the park and teach her myself. I don't have that time right now. I am, however, toying with the idea of coaching or assistant coaching myself next year. We'll see about that.

The team we played today was the Blue Jays. (I'm putting that here in case I want to try and get her on this team next year!)

No comments:

Photobucket