Monday, April 11, 2011

8 is Gr8!

Eight years ago today, John and I headed to the hospital to have our sweet baby girl. I was induced early in the morning and, silly me, assumed I would have a baby in just a few minutes. Instead I sat laid around all stinkin' day. She decided not to show up until after 5pm. They had to call the doctor in from the gym. (He had gone for a workout since she was taking her sweet time.) (He showed up in his workout clothes and sweat band - I need to see if I have a picture of him like that.) But - it was worth the wait. And now my sweet little chubby-cheeked baby has grown into a girl. Not a little girl anymore but a full-fledged girl. You will have to excuse the background of these pictures - we brought her downstairs to the store to give her the presents and the back of the store is chaotic now. This is the only thing she specifically asked for


. . . a WebKinz kangaroo.



Grandma splurged for Taylor Swift tickets.


(concert on May 28)



Daddy got a special hug because . . .



He bought her a new guitar.


Showoff.


This one is supposed to be easier to play since it's electric.


John and I decided to start making the kids' birthdays a little more special so we got a helium container and blew up balloons for her to wake up to in the morning and we're going to let them pick out a restaurant to eat at on their birthday.


Meredith picked "Golden Corral" - the primary reason was because the birthday girl got to stand on a chair while the staff sang a birthday song to her. She really, really wanted to stand on the chair!

No comments:

Photobucket