My girl aced her math test yesterday and got to pick a prize out of the prize box. She chose a pretty little necklace. It had a flower pendant and white beads. She wore it to school today.
Then we had a mishap. The pendant came off! She came down to the store all upset. Luckily, I was able to fix it for her. I showed her that the actual necklace was just a thin wire so she would need to be very careful with it or it could break.
I was upstairs making supper when she started shrieking like something was killing her - she left the necklace on the table and the dogs had gotten a hold of it and destroyed it. She was sooooo upset - that was her prize! from her teacher!
Anyway, I still have all the necklaces* I received as a child which have actual "chains" on them so I got a chain for her to put the pendant on. Not quite as pretty as the original but it should be more resilient!
* I'm planning to give my old child-sized necklaces to the girls at some point but they're really not responsible enough yet. Not that they're expensive or anything. But, still, I've kept them for close to 30 years, I'd hate for them to get lost right after I give them to the girls.

No comments:
Post a Comment