Meredith's 2nd game started at 5:30 and we had to be there at 5 for pictures. And she and Hayden had after school clubs until 4:45. Oops!
So I threw Meredith's soccer gear in the car, picked the kids up from clubs a little early, dropped Hayden off at home to watch Philip who was still napping, and took Stephanie along to Meredith's game.
I forgot the camera. Actually, I didn't forget it but I didn't have time to look for it. So no pictures.
Meredith was really excited for the game though. She got to play all but the first few minutes. There were only 5 kids on her team and in Micro they play 4 on the field. But the coach's kid was having a bad day. Every time she went on the field, she got hurt.
Meredith was hot, sweaty, exhausted, and elated by the end of the game. She even made a goal! Meredith's team is called "Freedom" and they scored a lot of goals this game even though every single one of the seven members of the other team were taller than Meredith! And Meredith is pretty tall. I was wondering if maybe we were playing 2nd graders. Didn't matter, I don't think those poor kids scored at all. They were fast though.
On the way home, I stopped at the Dollar Store and bought each of the girls a coloring book. Meredith chose a word search book. She's just like her Mama!

No comments:
Post a Comment