Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Tooth(less) Picture and a Field Trip

On September 18, 2009, Meredith lost her first tooth. Here is the picture and, yes, I know it's fuzzy. See the hole at the bottom of her mouth. . .
That would be a mint brownie in her hand. Daddy likes to make those. Mommy thinks they are disgusting but I'm not a huge fan of mints that are not Andes. However, I will encourage John to make brownies this way because then I am not tempted to eat them!!!!
___________________

On October 2nd, her class had a field trip to the Literacy Something or Other in Seward at Columbia College. Here she is listening to Carmen Agra Deedy, the author of "Martina, the Beautiful Cockroach" telling the story of Martina. Mrs. Deedy is an awesome storyteller.


Meredith is in the back row, in the middle between the two adults, with the glasses. Her teacher is the adult right behind her. I went with her - we rode on the bus.

It was actually a very nice trip except it was C O L D and W I N D Y !

And we had a picnic lunch outside. That was not fun. Plus, they gave us sun butter sandwiches. (No peanuts allowed, you know.) Sun butter is nasty, nasty stuff.

Then, they broke us all up into groups. We had enough grownups so we only had to take 3 kids each. The plan was that we would each keep track of our 3 kids while they played at the outdoor activities. Unfortunately, by the time we got to where the outdoor activities were, they had been disbanded because of the cold and wind. Meredith was highly upset - she had been looking forward to that. And she refused to join in our other games in favor of pouting. We had to wait for the bus to get back so we went into the library and looked at the rock room. It was a really cool rock room - someone had donated a bunch of rock and fossil samples to the college. (I could tell you who and what the room was actually called if I bothered to look it up online but I figure if you really want to know - you can look it up too! So there!)

Anyway, we got back to school in time to have cupcakes and then leave.

No comments:

Photobucket