My Poor Sweetheart. . .
Mommy broke her heart today.
Today is the first after-school thingie of the school year. They always have it on the 3rd Thursday of the month.
Right now - Thursday is when Hayden has football practice from 5-7 and the store is open until 8. John takes Hayden to practice and I watch the store.
So I picked the kids up from school today and the first thing she says while she's still getting into the car is, "Tonight is curriculum night at school. It's at 6:30."
I said, "I know but it's not going to . . . . (insert wailing and gnashing of teeth here. By Meredith, not me.) . . . work out for us to go tonight."
I tried to be patient because I know she's only in the first grade and she is in love with school and her teacher and wants to do everything that they have to offer.
But after a couple of blocks, I had to advise her to work on calming herself down because Mommy's tolerance of fit throwing was fast running out.
After we got home, I made sure to reassure her that her teacher would understand that not everybody would be able to make it and, hopefully, we will be able to go to the next one.
Honestly, I think the Oreos and the new Scooby Doo movie being on helped her more than our little chat.

No comments:
Post a Comment