Meredith's original experiment was "How do Crystals Form?" Unfortunately, neither her mother nor her father has any experience with science fairs or growing crystals and her experiment failed miserably. So we changed it the day before the fair. Since we only had 1 day, our options were very limited.
Her presentation was on "Does the Size of a Ball Affect the Rate of Fall?" We (mostly) determined it does not. (I say 'mostly' because she sometimes confuses herself and thinks one ball does fall faster. Whatever - she's in Kindergarten - they haven't taught her physics yet - and don't think she's going to learn that from me!)
She did very well. She was excited that judges were going to come up to her so she could explain her experiment and show them what she learned. She showed the judges, her teacher, the principal, her friends, everyone who entered the school gymnasium.
. . . I'm thinking I could get her a job somewhere demonstrating products.

1 comment:
How did you try to grow the crystals? Somewhere I have directions that make it really easy....but where are they?! Hmmm
Post a Comment