Thursday, August 14, 2008

Eyeballs

I took Hayden & Meredith to the eye doctor yesterday. It was kind of a last-minute decision since they had their eyes checked at the dr's office but both John & I have bad eyes so, luckily, they could get us in before school.

My little Meredith is far-sighted. She can see up close for now but the doctor said her eyes were working 2-3 times harder than they should be to do so. So she will be getting glasses next week. She did find some frames she likes - we actually had to pry them away from her because she wasn't understanding that the frames she was looking at only have fake plastic lenses and she needs to wait until her real glasses come in before she can wear them. Luckily(?), she had to have her eyes dilated so she got some disposable sunglasses to wear home.

When we first got to the eye dr, the kids were acting all paranoid and Hayden kept saying, "Please, I don't need glasses!" so Meredith was saying it too. Hayden felt kind of bad later when he realized that she would need glasses after all.

Right now she's thinking it will be kind of cool to get to wear glasses. Yeah. We'll see how long that lasts. I just hope she doesn't get self-conscious about wearing them. I don't think it will be a problem with her but we'll have to see...

No comments:

Photobucket